Monday, July 5, 2010

Death doesn't make it a pitstop.

"Stop it! Just... just stop it Lea. Just because you're still grieving doesn't mean the world stops for you. Well, guess what, the world will leave you behind if you don't catch up."

"Catch up? Catch WHAT up? Jesse's dead. He's dead. And if there's one thing I learnt from his death. One thing, it's that we can't win. We're losing. Or perhaps we've been fighting a losing battle all this while."

"Fuck it. You're not the only one grieving. You think everyday I don't want to give up fighting? Fighting for this... this 'war' we're unlikely to win? The fact that there are more out there. That there are more - waiting to die, more Jesse's. They keep me going. They're faith in me, in all of us, keeps me going."

"John..."

"And it's them I'm fighting the war for. I'm not fighting for the dead. I'm fighting for those, who are alive. So don't tell me to quit. Don't ever tell me to stop fighting. Because I stop, I stop when the war ends, win or lose -- Hell, I'd probably be dead anyway if we lose. We're having a meeting in 5, same place. Be there alright? We all need a little hope that everyone's still in this."

He leaves the room, the door left open. Lea is left sitting on the bed, still crying as when John entered. The impact of John's words has seeped into her and she realizes the state she is in. Her tears stop. She hastily crams her stuff into her duffel and scrambles for 5. Now 2.


-Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment