Friday, September 24, 2010

Tom.

there's was no one else in this world that possessed such strength.
I would see her in the dance studio, always practicing. She danced, she danced, and she danced.

I was curious why she kept practicing. The exams were already over (she emerged as the top student, of course) and the next one would be in 6 months time.
Despite her constant practice, I assumed she would be exhausted. But I've never seen her once, not once, miss a step. She always had this... this extra talent. Every swing, every step, was graceful yet overflowing with passion.

And today, she was in studio 2 again. I waved hello, which has become sort of routine after our eyes continually meet each other whenever I leave for home.
I decided to make the first move and went over to her. She smiled, like always, the sunlight casting a brilliant glow about her.

'hey,' I said

she reciprocated my greeting and paused the radio.

'I always see you practicing here. Always."

'yeah.' she smiled, 'I always see you leaving school too. Always.'

we both laughed, the tension somehow slackened.

'why do you always practice? I mean, I see you here, practicing for hours every single day. Why?'

Perhaps I never fully understood the meaning of 'passion'. But her next few words enlightened me. Her next few words taught me that 'loving' something is not enough. Her next few words, taught me, what a 'dream' is.

'it's because dancing is my life, and I don't ever want to lose it,' she said.

though she laughed, I could tell that those words she had said came from the heart, not words drawn from the air to keep a conversation going.
from those words, I could tell how intense her passion was, and perhaps, this IS how intense passion should be.

I don't want to lose mine either.

No comments:

Post a Comment