Saturday, October 9, 2010

pathos

they both stand apart, a world of pent up conflict between them. both are wracked and know whatever about to happen will dissolve the final strands of their relationship.

"you lied, from the very first day... you lied," she finally says, "was it ever real? any of this?" her tears have run dry as her whispers echo across the desolate room.

"I want-" he makes to speak.

"you wanted to tell me?" she smiles at the absurdity, "... but you didn't. for 2 years, you didn't."

"no. I never wanted to tell you," he replies.



her eyes that have refused to meet him flickers at his. 

"I wanted to leave my baggage buried forever. I never wanted you to know who I ever was. Only who I am now."

he makes to move towards her but she backs away. 

"everything was real. from the first day we met, till now... whatever happens after this, it will still be real."

again, he tries to move towards her but is stopped by her shouting, arm raised.

"you expect me to let all of this go? all of it?" her voice increasingly louder.

"you dragged me along this road... this road I thought had only you and I, nothing else," she returns to a whisper, "even when I began seeing the cracks, the fissures. I ignored them... because I believed our love would be enough."

he tries to salvage what is left, but she knows everything they used to have is gone. she silences him and finishes whatever she has to say. 

"then I realized, as the cracks widened, and the world we made began to cave in, ... I realized we were driving on empty, all along, we were driving towards the end," the last tears she would shed for him now trickles down her cheeks.

they are both broken.
-Rae
---

Inspiration:

she looks kindly at him, trying to sound natural. but they are both shattered. it's past three and nothing either of them intended has happened. - Skylight


&




No comments:

Post a Comment