Tuesday, November 30, 2010

AUS 2.


THIS:


woke me up in the morning.

---

Travelling #2

"you know why you're hopping from town to town?" she shouts across the field.

he stops, listening to what she has to say, but finds himself unable to face her.

"why don't I tell you then," she scoffs, "it's because you can't commit. You can't bear the thought of forming relationships with others and finding yourself actually liking it. You find yourself no longer able to form bonds since Brandon died. But guess what. You already are forming bonds. Yes, every village, every town, everywhere you go, you form bonds. And these bonds are tied to you for the rest of your life, whether you like it or not. He's dead, Jack, your son, Brandon, is de--"

she is shocked silent by his sudden howl.

"You have no right -- no right to talk about Brandon," he says. "You think you know everything, don't you? You think you know who I am, how the world works, How -- how life works. Well, guess what, you don't. You don't know how Brandon died. I don't. Nobody does," he pauses, fighting the tears back, "because I came home one night and he was already lying on the floor. Dead. Gone without a reason. And now I'm alone, living in this monotony called life, having to fight through ea-- each breath. You don't get the pain I'm feeling, you don't get anything at all."
-Rae


No comments:

Post a Comment