Friday, December 3, 2010

Rain.


i think i'm going to start on the pile of books tomorrow. after another DFO of course.

---

it was how i pictured it - two people who loved each other endlessly but were wickedly separated by a thousand miles, are now standing at both ends of the same road, under the rain.

we didn't run towards each other like in the movies. We just... stood there, in silent ecstasy, grappling the fact that three years of disunion was finally over.

we stood still till our clothes were entirely drenched, then we started walking... and i guess the anticipation was too much, because we broke into a run barely a few steps forward and hugged each other like the world around was crumbling. i cried, she cried, and the rain seemed like the most beautiful setting we could wish for. it felt like time never existed and the rain would poured on and on.

"do you remember what you told me? you said 'if love was a rainbow, there'd be no point in loving since it would be too easy.'" she whispered into my ear, "you said that love was a tough road two people had to go through, together, in order to appreciate one another. I'd never forgotten that since I've left. It gave me a reason to pull through, and it gave me a reason to what it was I'm doing. I used to think that you gave me credit for having so much strength sometimes. And I'm always so deeply afraid that I would just give in and shatter. Not anymore. Not now. "

I didn't say anything. I tightened my grip around her, and I kept reminding myself that this was all real.

"I searched breathlessly for you."

---

Inspiration:







"Just like that. From a hundred miles an hour to asleep in a nanosecond. I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not fuck, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together, in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I has hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane"
-Looking for Alaska by John Green

No comments:

Post a Comment