Thursday, December 9, 2010

reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark


MY FAVE ARTIST. among many others yay.

I am sitting here waiting for tomorrow and perhaps Wednesday (where I go home) because tomorrow, I will and must get Amy Meredith's CD, which, for an Australian Band, isn't all that hyped about replenishing their stocks in large bulk (JB Hi-Fi [no HMV here] said they'd replenished their stocks and sold out again). So right now, I am sort-of bored. 'sort-of' because I'm halfway through 'Disgrace' (I have insomnia apparently, perhaps still jet-lagged but then again, who still gets jet-lagged after a week?) and it was dreary till a chapter from where I just stopped and am amazed at how I survived through them because I had to.

Anyway, I've been thinking how awesome it would be to say that you're from 'New Jersey', which I have no idea why this thought even existed. Then it was sort-of-dashed when I told Zelia about it and she said to watch Jersey Shore and I'd know.

I think Jersey Shore isn't an interesting show. At all. Yet what reality shows interest me are Kardashians, Kimora and Jerseylicious (which has its differences from JS). So I might not really know what interesting means anyway.

I feel like getting back on DB but I've nothing much to post about so I guess I can only comment on photos for the time being. Hah. At least I talk to people! Strangers, that is.

Abrupt end. BYE.

---

I just need to say something:


I don't like how everything here (suburbs) is so far away. Which to the Aussies, near could mean a distance from Pasir Ris to Jurong. And that is, to me, a Singaporean, ridiculously far.

I am a city-person. The suburban life is not for me (at least not yet). I dislike how overly-large the houses are (though large is good. Hence, 'overly') when an apartment in the city would suffice (I don't mean the 'cosy' houses but the sufficient houses) and everything is within walking (or metro) distance. I like how they call their trains 'metro', heh. Imeanofcourse there's that peace and quiet this place offers but then the slightest sound equals a disturbance and frankly, I don't really mind the incessant sound of passing cars and would like to think of it as a monotonous lullaby. Actually I dig apartments cos'... what's not to like? They're easily maintained and if you have style, so will it. And I think it's awesome to have room-mates instead of house-mates even though I've no idea why.

Soiguess what the problem the suburbs are for me is just the distance. A car is a car that is an object and shouldn't be dragged into the issue. They aren't meant only for people who need to travel long distances. I wanna not travel 45 mins to grab a bite or get a cd or a book or anything related to 'life'. So yeah.

I am a city person.

-

I don't know why I'm writing equivalent to theses these days but heck.

No comments:

Post a Comment